Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

POSTCARD CHALLENGE 2012!

So I took the decision LATE last night to join in this challenge even though I have had an extremely busy weekend and was working today so could not craft! I have developed my characters properly yet, they just have names and were penpals that many years ago lost touch and they have once again found each other... The back of the postcard needs some work, but the stamp I have used to create the card is from the stamp set winter post... What a great way to get some use of a Christmasy set!

Needless to say after my tea was finished I got inky
The first country in this challenge was Austria and I decided to create a postcard using the Austrian flag as the background of my card and decoupaged a hand drawn and watercolored Edelweiss...
I used marina mist water colour pen and an aqua brush to create the flower petals and I also used daffodil delight for the centre of the card with some screwed up tissue paper in the centre!
I hope you like the postcard and thanks for looking! Happy Crafting...
Debbi x
I apologise for the dark picture I will exchange it in the morning!

12 comments:

  1. aww thats is so sweet, it turned out lovely. I am so glad you were able to join in. the 2nd country will be announced tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Edelweiss flower Debbi! If this is a rush job can't wait to see what you create with a whole week to go at :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the edelweiss looks so pretty on the flag background, cant wait to see your story unfold xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely postcard Debbi. Great idea to have penpals, looking forward to read the next instalments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard! Hope you'll have just as much fun as the rest of us are having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at that set wondering whether to go for it for the postcard stamp alone!!! Lovely Edelweiss too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh hope you find more time this week but looks like you are good at crafting on the hoof :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x