Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Monday 23 August 2010

last weeks class...


Where is the time going?? Last week we did two step stamping and created a little card holder that I had cased from a swap received at the last training from the very talented Jo the example that she made held some sweets, but I have adapted the design to hold 3x3 cards instead of making a box. I have used the colours ruby red, summer sun and only orange - all of which are due to retire, they look great when using greenhouse garden. So for this class we made the card holder and decorated it and then we made 6 cards to go inside. The colours look great together and we had a lot of fun on the night. I was even brave enough to use one of the border punches in my design! If you know me along with brayering the border punches were something that I always struggled with.
I have stamped on a piece of whisper white card and then matted this on the card stock with the first layer having the border punch on I have then repeated the card just changing the order of the matting each time. I love the effect that you get with this stamp set and it has quickly become one of my favourites.
For this class we also did a 3D item - not your usual item in a card class but every bit as enjoyable to stamp. I found these jars in IKEA and have stamped them using white staz on - this is pretty difficult and does take some patience to get a perfect image but I am sure that you will agree well worth it. I have used two stamps from boroque motifs and stamped around the jar and then on the lid as well. To show how effective this looks when full I have put some candles in the jar that matched the colours that we were using in the class as a surprise for my ladies!
I hope you like the projects and thanks for looking - the next class that I am doing will be posted soon why not come along and join in the fun!
Debbi x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x