Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

Another card...

So this weekend saw my anniversary and I wanted to do a card that used brayering - I definately need the practice and this is something that the lovely Helen had made me do a couple of days ago when showing us a couple of techniques. I will hold my hands up and admit that I find it very difficult and it is something that I just cannot get to look as I want it to - but this card did turn out a lot better than my previous attempts so I am improving!
I have used the stamp sets Vintage vogue and together forever by stampin up and their colours too.
For this card I used a panel of very vanilla and have brayered at each side of the panel I have used old olive and perfect plum and have graduated this into the centre of the piece. I have stamped the vine up the right hand side of the panel and also stamped a couple of images off. I then added dazzling diamonds to the flowers of the vine with the glue pen. The sentiment is stamped in perfect plum to the right hand side of the panel.
I have added a strip of perfect plum ribbon to the top of the panel and then mounted this onto a piece of old olive card stock I have inked the edges of the to add a bit of definition.and then mounted this onto  the card blank that is perfect plum and i have also inked the edges to this.
I hope you like the card - hubby did and I have also added a picture of the roses that he bought me - beautiful!
Thanks for looking and your comments are appreciated - Debbi x x x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Deb and well done on the brayering it looks good to me and as you say practice pays off in the end x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous to me, too! Very, very classy. Love the Vintage Vogue set and the colour scheme you used.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on the blog hop this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x