Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Saturday 3 April 2010

Stamp With Us!

This afternoon when blog hopping I saw what the challenge was over on Stamp With Us! A colour challenge perfect for the Spring weather - although here we have had nothing but rain today! So I decided that for this card I would use my Lovely as a Tree set that has been unmounted for many weeks since I bought it! (as usual I am terrible with new stamps and don't mount them until I want to use them - unlike so many other people that I know that cannot wait to get them mounted!)
So I have done something a little bit different for this challenge - I have taken a piece of very vanilla card stock and daubed the background onto the card, using barely banana and pretty in pink. I have then used a piece of sponge and stamped cameo coral underneath this. I then damped the card down a little and blended the colours. For the image I chose the line of trees and stamped this in garden green - to add deeper colour I held the image down for a couple of seconds - this tip really makes a difference to the depth of the colour. After I had stamped the image I used a piece of sponge to add some green to the ground below the trees (when I say sponge I mean I have cut one of my kitchen sponges up - as I wanted different texture than a dauber would give - asda kitchen sponges do the job lol)

2 comments:

  1. Now I wouldn't have gone to this stamp for this challenge but I love how you've made it work. It's given what I think of as a Winter stamp a lovely Spring feel. Thanks for playing along.

    Sara xx
    Stamp With Us Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I agree with Sara I wouldn't have gone with it but you have really really made it work!

    Thank you so much for joining in with the Stamp With Us challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x